Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from my surf lesson?
Firstly, FUN! If it is not fun, then we are not doing our job.
- You’ll start off by getting fitted with a wetsuit and selecting a surfboard that we think will work for you.
- From there you will head down to the beach for a on-land tutorial and safety chat.
- When the coach feels that you are ready, he/she will take you into the water – either one by one (if in a group) or at the same time – they will gage the circumstances.
- You will be helped and guided on what to do (or not to), and hopefully, you will experience the joy of standing on your board for. the first time!
- We are also realistic and realise that some people will. not get it on the first lesson – that is OK, some of us are just more naturally inclined, but that does not mean you cannot do it – try try try! You will succeed.
Are there any sharks?
The short answer is yes. That said, we do not conduct our lessons where they roam and in all the years at Diaz we have been without incident. The sharks that we may encounter are small and harmless.
Do you only rent out surfboards?
We rent out the following:
Please note that we do have a breakage policy and you will be charged for any breakage caused during your rental session – a list of these costs can be found here.